I'm afraid that doesn't work . When the keyup behavior updates a field that
the user is editing, the refresh of its parent must cause the field to loose
focus and therefore the caret is never repositioned. Without the
'$('#id')[0] === document.activeElement' it works but, as previously
described, then tabbing between fields is a mess.

I dumped a boiled down quickstart illustrating this  here
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32242922/fields.zip>  .

The only way I see this working is by using some convoluted global variable
where the caret position is stored in a global variable, indexed against the
markupId and flushed by the onblur behavior to avoid repositioning. Seems
pretty crap...

CN