Hi,

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 11:08 PM, mscoon <msc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you both for your answers.
>
> I have reasons to roll my own autocomplete component. But I did take a look
> at the way wiqiery and wicket-jquery are serving the choices.
>
> As far as I can tell neither is using a stateless/lightweight way for
> serving the choices. Both serve them with a request to the page that
> contains the autocomplete component. This provides flexibility (because you
> can use the page state to adapt the returned choices) but also sounds quite
> expensive.
>
> Am I going too far here worrying about performance?
>
> Also, if I wanted to use resources as Andrea suggested, the only way to
> register them is via an initializer or at application start? Can't the
> component register them?

Maybe register a resource that can be user tho dynamically register JSON
producers?

IJSONProducer<T extend JSONABLE> {

   canHandle(Request request)
   toJSON(T t)
}

the have an JSONProducersResource that:

1- allows to dynamically register IJSONProducer
2- Given a request determine if any of the JSON producers can handle the
request.
3- Use the one providing able to handle the request to serve it.

Component could register producers on demand.