Hi,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Joachim Schrod <jsch...@acm.org> wrote:

> On 01/08/15 08:15, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would  use server side activation. Implemented as in
> >
> > 1- You can create your own events, e.g. [1]. One that is a wrapper of
> AJAX
> > request target (e.g. AtivateLinksEvent).
> > 2- Your  links will listen for AtivateLinksEvents and decide if they
> should
> > be enabled or not (and add themselves to ART on AtivateLinksEvent).

> > 1-
> >
> https://github.com/reiern70/antilia-bits/blob/master/bgprocess/src/main/java/com/antilia/panel/TaskLaunchedEvent.java
>
> I don't grasp your intent completely. I get that I can define my
> own event classes server-side. I don't get how that helps me client
> side.
>
> My problem is: How do I communicate to client-side within an event
> handler that attrs.event.preventDefault() shall be called for
> exactly that event handler or not. Wicket provides a static
> pre-made decision via AjaxRequestAttributes; I want a dynamic one.

Ajax is asynchronous.
event.preventDefault() is processed long before the request is processed by
the server. Even longer that the processing of the response at the client.

You can use synchronous Ajax call to accomplish this but this is not
recommended. It will freeze the browser tab until the response is processed.