Guten Tag Martin Grigorov,
am Donnerstag, 5. März 2015 um 08:05 schrieben Sie:

> If the validation fails
> then the *raw* input is rendered to the user and there is no usage of
> #convertToString() because there is no need.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this and that explains why it looked like it
would work in other places, because there I have generated the exact
same values in convertToString like came from the browser and didn't
notice that the method wasn't ever called.

But now I do need to render other values, in case of errors during
form validation Wicket needs to render other values than came form the
browser during the submit. Is there any way to do this?

Some background: I have an Ajax auto complete input which searches
based on company names, but sends company IDs to Wicket. If other
forms on the page fail validation, I need to render the former
searched company names instead of their IDs back into the form. Wicket
by default renders IDs, because that's what it gets, but I thought I
can simply change that on the server during the render process somehow
back to company names.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--