Hi,

generic T is identical for the DataTable, and it's IColumns: it's the type of the row models.

A column is responsible to provide a cell component for a row: For DataTable only the input (e.g. Person) is interesting, the output (Location) doesn't matter.

Your LocationColumn should extend PropertyColumn<Person>:

    public class LocationColumn extends PropertyColumn<Person>{

        public LocationColumn(String expressionToLocation){
            super(Model.of("Location"), expressionToLocation);
        }

        @Override
public void populateItem(Item<ICellPopulator<Person>> cellItem, String componentId, IModel<Person> rowModel) { cellItem.add(new Label(componentId, new LocationFormatModel((IModel<Location>)createDataModel(rowModel), Model.of(Session.get().getLocale()))));

Have fun
Sven