Hi,

I think it would be much simpler if you use Tomcat clustering support.
Wicket 1.4.x is a bit old but as far as I remember the support for it in
Wicket has been introduced with 1.4.1 so it should work fine in 1.4.17.

But if Tomcat clustering in not an option for you for some reason then:
- make sure you use session affinity (aka sticky sessions)
- create your own IPageStore to keep the serialized view of the pages in
shared DB (as you already figured out)
- no need of custom ISessionStore. You need custom one only in case you
want to put your Wicket Session instances in something else than HTTP
Session

I guess you are not interested in upgrading to Wicket 6.x but I'd recommend
you to upgrade at least to 1.4.22. There were some security fixes in the
last few releases from 1.4.x series.

Martin Grigorov
Funemployed! Available for hire!
Wicket Training and Consulting