From: Martin Grigorov [mailto:mgrigo...@apache.org]
Sent: 09 March 2015 21:26
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to load-balance on AWS with standalone Tomcats

Hi,

I think it would be much simpler if you use Tomcat clustering support.
Wicket 1.4.x is a bit old but as far as I remember the support for it in Wicket
has been introduced with 1.4.1 so it should work fine in 1.4.17.

But if Tomcat clustering in not an option for you for some reason then:
- make sure you use session affinity (aka sticky sessions)
- create your own IPageStore to keep the serialized view of the pages in shared
DB (as you already figured out)
- no need of custom ISessionStore. You need custom one only in case you want to
put your Wicket Session instances in something else than HTTP Session

I guess you are not interested in upgrading to Wicket 6.x but I'd recommend you
to upgrade at least to 1.4.22. There were some security fixes in the last few
releases from 1.4.x series.

Martin Grigorov
Funemployed! Available for hire!
Wicket Training and Consulting