Interesting,

When I run your code I see that the url is as you say:

./wicket/resource/org.apache.wicket.Application/pdfProducer

Whereas in my working code (wicket version 6.12) it is:

./resource/org.apache.wicket.Application/pdfProducer

And  in my non-working code (wicket versions 6.13 - 6.19) it is:

../resource/org.apache.wicket.Application/pdfProducer

If I remove the first dot from the url with the debuggerthen run from there the
pdf appears as it should.

I wonder why they are different in the two projects and why I'm getting .. with
later versions.

I'm also wondering if there is another library that is somehow incompatible
with later versions of Wicket.

I think the only library we use that interacts with Wicket is wicket bootstrap
- currently as below (but I've tried other version):
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>de.agilecoders.wicket</groupId>
                        <artifactId>wicket-bootstrap-core</artifactId>
                        <version>0.9.8</version>
                </dependency>

                <dependency>
                        <groupId>de.agilecoders.wicket</groupId>
                        <artifactId>wicket-bootstrap-extensions</artifactId>
                        <version>0.9.8</version>
                </dependency>

I will add these dependencies to your quickstart and see if it makes a
difference.

Bruce