Hi Martin,

when reading an image as shared resource as follows,

String relativeUrl =
RequestCycle.get().urlFor(WicketApplication.get().getSharedResources().get("images"),
 params).toString();
URL url = new
URL(RequestCycle.get().getUrlRenderer().renderFullUrl(Url.parse(relativeUrl)));
ImageIO.read(url.openStream());

I am getting a Connection Refused error. On the localhost, it works - the error
is related to the app deployed on the server.

        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:345)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:432)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:527)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:211)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:308)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:326)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:1167)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect0(HttpURLConnection.java:1103)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:997)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:931)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1511)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1439)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1038)
        at mycompany.pages.QRResource.getImageData(QRResource.java:80)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.resource.DynamicImageResource.newResourceResponse(DynamicImageResource.java:153)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.resource.AbstractResource.respond(AbstractResource.java:498)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.resource.ResourceRequestHandler.respond(ResourceRequestHandler.java:75)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.handler.resource.ResourceReferenceRequestHandler.respond(ResourceReferenceRequestHandler.java:108)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:862)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:261)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:218)
        at
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:289)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequestCycle(WicketFilter.java:259)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:201)
        at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:137)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:501)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1070)
        at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)