Dear,

I want to make a timer on a WicketPage.

When my Wicket website starts at the begin page, it must redirect after 5
seconds to another.

I already have the following code:

=====================

public final class TimerTestPage extends WebPage {

    Timer timer;

    public TimerTestPage() {
        super();

        ActionListener actionListener;
        actionListener = new ActionListener() {

            @Override
                setResponsePage(DemoPage.class);
                //getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(DemoPage.class);
            }
        };

        timer = new Timer(5000, actionListener);
        timer.start();

=========================

The timer works, but after 5 seconds, the Wicket page is not redirected to
DemoPage.

It gives the following NullPointer exception:
===========================

Severe:   Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
Severe:   java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.wicket.Component.setResponsePage(Component.java:3141)
        at
com.myapp.wicket.TimerTestPage$1.actionPerformed(TimerTestPage.java:30)
        at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:312)
        at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:244)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:312)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:738)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$300(EventQueue.java:103)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:699)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:697)
        at
java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? What exactly generates that
NullPointer exception?