Hello Team Wicket:

We are in the process of getting our web application approved for a security
clearance.

Two related issues are:

1.       The presence of a jsessionid in the url when the application loads

2.       Maintaining the same jsessionid cookie after login (Session Fixation)

A quick search pointed me to the following two fixes for these issues,
respectively:

1.       Removing jsessionid from the url: Used for search engine bots -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/SEO+-+Search+Engine+Optimization

2.       Invalidating the current session  upon authentication and then
creating a new session:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8162646/how-to-refresh-jsessionid-cookie-after-login

Both of these tips were posted a while ago, so I wanted to reach out to the
community to see if other approaches are recommended.

BTW we are using Glassfish 4.

Thank you,

- ER