Sven,

That's actually done:) I know this problem.
The problem for this particular case is in another place: ajax paging
links needs to know size of IDataProvider's data. And actually wicket
AjaxPagingLink invokes prover and corresponding model for that. So, I
mean, all ways to optimize bahaviour leads to wicket code...

Thanks,

Ilia