Having trouble getting my setTestValue method to persist my data in the db ..
i do not see any exceptions but data is not hitting the database.. I am
using Hibernate and postgres db

@Transactional(propagation = Propagation.SUPPORTS, readOnly = true)
@Service
public class TestValueService implements ITestValueService
{
   /**
    *
    */
   private static final long serialVersionUID = -1027211428586214287L;

   @Autowired
   GenericDao genericDao;

   private static final Logger LOG =
Logger.getLogger(TestValueService.class);
   private TestValue defaultValue;

   public TestValueService()
   {

   }

   @Transactional(readOnly = false)
   private void setTestValue(TestValue defaultValue){
      genericDao.makePersistent(defaultValue);
      LOG.info("ballingss");
   }
   /*
    * Method to read the defaults csv file and store into the common table
    */
   @Override
   //@Transactional(readOnly = false)
   public void readCSVFile(String fileLocation, Long clientJobId){
      String csvFile = fileLocation;
      BufferedReader br = null;
      String line = "";
      String cvsSplitBy = ",";

      try {
         br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(csvFile));
         while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {

            // use comma as separator
            String[] currentLine = line.split(cvsSplitBy);

            TestValue defaultValue = new TestValue();
            Date date = new Date();
            defaultValue.setClient_job_id(clientJobId);
            defaultValue.setCreate_dt(date);
            defaultValue.setActive(true);
            defaultValue.setDef_keyfield(currentLine[0].toUpperCase());
            defaultValue.setDef_value(currentLine[1].toUpperCase());
            setTestValue(defaultValue);

         }

      } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
         LOG.error("File Not found ");
      } catch (IOException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
      } finally {
         if (br != null) {
            try {
               br.close();
            } catch (IOException e) {
               e.printStackTrace();

here is the table object:

@Entity
@Table(name = "TEST_VALUE")
public class TestValue implements Serializable {

    @Id
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO, generator =
"default_values_def_id_seq")
    @SequenceGenerator(name = "default_values_def_id_seq", sequenceName =
"default_values_def_id_seq")
    private Long def_id;

    private Long client_job_id;

    @Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMP)
    private Date create_dt;

    @Basic
    private String def_keyfield;

    @Basic
    private String def_value;

    @Basic
    boolean active  = false;

   public Long getDef_id()
   {
      return def_id;
   }

   public void setDef_id(Long def_id)
   {
      this.def_id = def_id;
   }

   public Long getClient_job_id()
   {
      return client_job_id;
   }

   public void setClient_job_id(Long client_job_id)
   {
      this.client_job_id = client_job_id;
   }

   public Date getCreate_dt()
   {
      return create_dt;
   }

   public void setCreate_dt(Date create_dt)
   {
      this.create_dt = create_dt;
   }

   public String getDef_keyfield()
   {
      return def_keyfield;
   }

   public void setDef_keyfield(String def_keyfield)
   {
      this.def_keyfield = def_keyfield;
   }

   public String getDef_value()
   {
      return def_value;
   }

   public void setDef_value(String def_value)
   {
      this.def_value = def_value;
   }

   public boolean isActive()
   {
      return active;
   }

   public void setActive(boolean active)
   {
      this.active = active;
   }

   public static long getSerialversionuid()
   {
      return serialVersionUID;