Hi wicket pros,
could someone please give some further details about the default implementation of IModelComparator of Component doing an a.equals(b) of the both model-objects (old.equals(new))?

I often run into this issue when calling setDefaultModelObject(), because my expectation is having the new model-object, not the old one.
In (possibly) 99% percent of my use-cases I expect this behavior.

(Especially, when using own equals implementations in model-objects, which are not checking for members and changes)

Whats the main reason for this equals check?
Why not using an IModelComparator.ALWAYS_FALSE as default implementation?

Thanx in advance for feedback!

kind regards
Patrick