Hi,
We tried (upgrade from 6.20.0) Wicket 6.21.0, and observe a change in the
way Wicket ajax calls are made. Upon looking into it further, we see it due
to the fix for "https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5948";.

We've some custom Ajax behaviors added to a normal DOM elements (div) which
has as form in it, Ajax behavior is triggered on a custom event (like
click/drag mouse events on one of the child DOM elements).

With the fix for WICKET-5948, the above Ajax call is made after appending
all form field values to the Ajax request; in our case its quite a big form
with lot of fields, the Ajax behavior uses GET method, and all form fields
are getting added as url parameters, resulting a long GET url.

Because of this in some cases we even get a 400 bad request as a response
from our tomcat.

Is this usecase considered while fixing the above mentioned call ?
Is there a suggested way to avoid this behavior?

Regards,
Rakesh.A