Hi,

WicketTester *simulates* a browser and a web server.
In a normal setup the web server (like Tomcat) generates and encodes the
jsessionid in the url.
WicketTester creates a Wicket Session for the test(s) and there is no need
of transferring jsessionid in the url/cookie.
You can use tester.executeUrl("....;jsessionid=123456") and assert for it
in your server code by using getWebRequest().getUrl().toString() but this
is very artificial.

In your application code you can use
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getRequestedSessionId()
and
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#isRequestedSessionIdFromURL()
Maybe WicketTester should add support for those.
Currently the code in MockHttpServletRequest looks like:

/**
 * Check whether session id is from a cookie. Always returns true.
 *
 * @return Always true
 */
@Override
public boolean isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie()
{
   return true;
}

/**
 * Check whether session id is from a url rewrite. Always returns false.
 *
 * @return Always false
 */
@Override
public boolean isRequestedSessionIdFromUrl()
{
   return false;
}

Martin Grigorov