Say I have a TextField like so:

TextField<Integer> amountField = new TextField<Integer>("someTextField",
someModel);
amountField.setType(Integer.class);

Where can I customize the error message when the user enters a value other
than an integer?

I generate the id for this text field on the fly, so I can't specify it in
the page class' .properties file (or can I? can I use wildcards in a
properties file?)
But it would be good enough in this particular case to simply change the
error message application-wide.
Howeveer, I can't find where the default message is generated.
Documentation refers to an application.properties file which I don't see to
have.

(another way of doing this i thought of was to clear all error messages, and
then setting a new error message using the errror() method. however, the
clearing of error messages via FeedbackMessages.clear() does not seem to
work)

How do find the default message and edit it?

Thanks!