My mistake about the inmethod grid dependency. I don't know why I saw
compilation error in editable grid class when removed inmethod grid jar
from classpath.

For debugging the respond method as your suggestion, I do see correct class
types for each rowItem (as attachment). But it fails with following error:

Last cause: No get method defined for class: class
packagename.ExceptionalDocCode expression: decisionCode
WicketMessage: Exception in rendering component:
[EditableTextFieldCellPanel [Component id = cell]]