Hi,

On Apr 28, 2016 6:05 AM, "Parag" <parag_bh...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem which has me baffled.  I am sure it is something minor
but I just can’t figure it out, so I figured I would post to this group in
the hope that someone knows how I could fix this problem which I never
thought I had :)  So here goes:

> We have a wicket based project under development and the problem we have
with wicket redirects…. this is making it impossible for us to share our
pages on facebook (and probably other social media site).   The problem
seems to be that wicket is redirecting slug based incoming requests.
Because of this the facebook crawler (or scrapper) is not able to see our
page and so returns an error.

http://example.com/webapp/poll/who-is-the-most-important-person-in-the-country-in-2014-T196
> It causes a redirection to:-
> http://example.com/mysite-webapp/wicket/page?1
>
> So when I post this URL to Facebook  it shows "Page Not Found" But if you
click on the link it it works.

Sorry. It is not very clear whether the url works when typed/pasted in the
browser. Does it redirect always or only when coming from Facebook?

> My question is why Wicket is redirecting it to "
example.com/mysite-webapp/wicket/page?1". It doesn't happen for non-slug
based URL.

Wicket will produce "wicket/page?pageId" only for pages instantiated  via
custom contructor, i.e. neither non-arg contructor nor the one with
PageParameters as a single argument.

> In the Wicket app I have defined the URL as:
> mount(new
MountedMapperWithoutPageComponentInfo("tapMap/${tapcastName}-T${tapCastId}",
TapMapPage.class));

I don't see "tapMap/" in the urls above.
Make sure the mounted page is the one that should handle such urls.