Hi Sven,

of course: Ok so this is simplified somewhat: lets say we have 4 main tab
areas of the application: Contacts, Files, Calendar, Tasks. When a user
navigates from one area to the next we need to currently do a whole page
refresh, where in fact all we really need to do is refresh a sub panel via
ajax. This already is more 'old school' as I put it in the fact the user
experiences the whole page refreshing rather than say a loading/spinner in
the main panel. We want to make the web pp fell more 'app like' rather than
a succession of web pages. Another example is say we are in the "File" tab
and we want to drill down through some folders, at the moment we need to
refresh the page if we want to support the back button rather than load via
ajax.

It just gives a much less slick experience as the page reloads visually,
and there is more data sent over the wire - slower page loads. But
ultimately it about the users impression of the app and feeling like an app
rather than a bunch of pages.