You could extend your existing AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior so it has
an information about your desired timeout with very little overhead.

On every update, you could decrement your remaining session time a
little bit.

I created the following gist. I think the code is more explanatory than
an email:
https://gist.github.com/pingunaut/feb5611afa910465f0c05f8a903af8b3

Hope that helps,
regards,