I resolved the button not working issue. I had to change the package
reference statements to JavaScriptReferenceHeaderItem instead of just
JavaScriptHeaderItem and I had to put the four statements to load these
references in the right order, it seems.

New problem though is that one of those javascript files has a reference to
a .gif image. This image is in the images folder with all of the other
images that the application uses and loads properly. This gif however does
not. We have not had to load or reference this image directly or the folder
it's in before, but I guess now with version 7 (coming from 1.4.17) we do
because I get this exception:

I put a break point at
org.apache.wicket.application.AbstractClassResolver.resolveClass line 101.
Walking back along the callstack to
org.apache.wicket.core.request.mapper.BookmarkableMapper shows a string
array called "segments" with four elements showing as "wicket",
"bookmarkable", "images", "img.gif".

I'm not sure where's it getting the bookmarkable bit from, but it's just a
gif in the image folder that a method in the javascript file wants to load.

How can I get rid of this exception properly?