Hi,

I'd suggest the following:
- produce a normal <a href="the.url.here"> with ExternalLink
- add a special CSS class to all links you need to manipulate, e.g.
class="toVerify"
- in renderHead() do:
response.render(OnDomReadyHeaderItem.forScript("$('.toVerify').each(checkLink)"))

This will call checkLink(link) function for each one of those links

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov