My opinion might be a little biased as I love Wicket... but

1- Except maybe for Web Components I haven't seen anything as reusable as
Wicket (http://webcomponents.org/) on JS world (disclaimer I'm not a big JS
expert, just maybe an advanced user)
2- In some places, companies I have worked for as consultant, I have seen
projects that they considered complex because the JS paraphernalia. They
were be just trivial using Wicket. The sad thing is they did not have any
need to scale. So, something like wicket was more than a perfect fit. They
all used REST and some JS machinery (they also did not plan for mobile so
REST was not needed). Some of these applications were not very DRY... and
REST layer was kind of a mess where you never knew for sure what was
actually used and not.
3- IMHO wicket adoption was hampered by big players support to JSF.
4- One big advantage of JS is how easy it is to find developers and how
large/active communities are.