Hi,

Wicket uses standard Java Serialization and the logic to prevent
serializing the same object instance more than once is in the Java standard
libraries.
So - it is safe to keep many references in your code. They will not lead to
bigger serialized pages.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov