I think it is also good to tell that there are a lot of new features like
http/2 support to show that Wicket is not a framework at which developers
stopped working on new features several years ago.

I wrote an article about that on a blog of Jörn Zaefferer who is responsible
for jQuery UI Dev Lead | QUnit | Globalize | Infrastructure.

Maybe the page about models can be integrated into the user guide to improve it.

kind regards

Tobias