Additional setting would be great. I use wicket-select2 in a lot of
different places, so mounting all kinds of resources does not seem very
appealing. (or maybe I misunderstand how it would work stateless?)

I took a look at the AbstractSelect2Choice and it seems not too hard to
migrate to a setting.

Thanks for looking into this!

-Rob