On 6 December 2016 at 10:05, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:

> http://markmail.org/message/qttwc5kunubl6ieo

Oh I'm glad auto detach was not included way back when I started learning
Wicket.
Coming from a legacy swing app which spoon fed components what to display
and how/when to display it,
I found wickets model approach really odd. I took, what seems, ages to
fully grok the idea. Property Models really muddied my water, to such an
extent I never use them.

I've many many panels which can either being displaying data or editing it.
When editing onDetach does not detach the underlying LoadableDetachableModel
When displaying detaching works as expected.

This way I can load and detach an entity from JPA and store it in a LDM.

Peter.