It can be convenient to write a unit test that essentially says, “this
component should return this HTML” (or perhaps a slightly abstracted view of
the HTML DOM).  Snapshot testing frameworks automate this (eg, making it easy
to update the expected DOM when you intentionally change your component).  I’m
wondering if this is possible for a wicket app; I’ve so far only seen it done
with ReactJS.

See https://medium.com/@dschmidt1992/jest-snapshot-testing-3ef9fa1222bb  for a
better explanation of the basic idea.

Boris