Hello,

I'm working with Wicket 7.7 and have hit something I don't understand relating
to how pages are written and retrieved from the DiskDataStore. I'm not sure if
this is the correct list to post this but I would appreciate any assistance
people can provide.

Essentially the issue I'm having is that as part of the end of the request
cycle the commitRequest method is called on the PageManager. This eventually
translates to a call to storeTouchedPages on the PageStoreManager. As I
understand it this method creates a session entry if necessary and then stores
the page instances with it - this, by default, leads to the DiskDataStore
saving each page asynchronously.

The issue I have is where the setSessionAttributes method is called after
storing the pages. This leads to the session attribute listeners being called.
In this case the object is of type PageStoreManager$SessionEntry which clears
the page store when the valueUnbound method is invoked on it. If you are using
the default asynch page store then there is always a chance that the page will
be stored after the setSessionAttributes method call clears the page store but
there doesn't seem to be any guarantee of this - if it was a synchronous store
it will never work as far as I can tell.

Obviously this will only be an issue if the page isn't in the session cache for
some reason but to my limited understanding of this area it doesn't seem like
the functionality is correct. Can anyone advise, is this a bug or am I looking
at this the wrong way?

Finally, on a related point, when I was investigating this issue I noticed that
the asynchronous flag of the application StoreSettings is never used. There is
a check at DefaultPageManagerProvider:60 to make sure that the underlying data
source can support asynchronous operation but I would have thought that the
StoreSettings should also be checked as part of this if statement - is that the
case?

Regards,

Brian.
<http://www.cdl.co.uk/>

<http://twitter.com/CDL_Software> <http://www.facebook.com/CDL-Software>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/cdl-cheshire-datasystems-ltd->

Please consider the environment - Do you really need to print this email?

This email is intended only for the person(s) named above and may contain
private and confidential information. If it has come to you in error, please
destroy and permanently delete any copy in your possession, and contact us on
+44 (0)161 480 4420. The information in this email is copyright © CDL Group
Holdings Limited. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage sustained
as a result of software viruses. It is your responsibility to carry out such
virus checking as is necessary before opening any attachment.

Cheshire Datasystems Limited uses software which automatically screens incoming
emails for inappropriate content and attachments. If the software identifies
such content or attachment, the email will be forwarded to our Technology
department for checking. You should be aware that any email that you send to
Cheshire Datasystems Limited is subject to this procedure.
Cheshire Datasystems Limited, Strata House, Kings Reach Road, Stockport, SK4 2HD
Registered in England and Wales with company number 3991057
VAT registration: 727 1188 33