Hi Manfred,

You can control the button visibility on the databound event (client side).
The buttons are actually links so I'd rather advice you to control the
visibility instead of the enable/disable state.

Here is an example:

MyDataTable.java

        @Override
        public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response)
        {
                super.renderHead(response);

                response.render(new
JavaScriptPackageHeaderItem(MyDataTable.class));
// MyDataTable.js (dataBound)
        }

        // events //

        @Override
        public void onConfigure(JQueryBehavior behavior)
        {
                super.onConfigure(behavior);

                behavior.setOption("dataBound", "MyDataTable_dataBound"); // or
MyDataTable.dataBound, depending of your js coding style
        }

MyDataTable.js

function MyDataTable_dataBound(e) {

    datatable_dataBound(e); // calls wicket-kendo-ui default

    var $grid = e.sender; // or 'this'

    // remove delete button
    $grid.tbody.find("tr .k-grid-delete").each(function () {

        var row = $(this).closest("tr")
        var dataItem = $grid.dataItem(row);

        // check if 'myprop' is set
        if (dataItem.myprop) {
            $(this).remove(); // or $(this).hide(), both work AFAIK
        }
    });
}

Hope this helps,