Have you tried https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26502864/disabling-nested-form-validation-in-wicket ?

Have fun
sven

Am 16.11.2017 um 18:19 schrieb Dirk Forchel:
Currently we use the Wizard/WizardStep classes from wicket-extensions to set
required data for an object (in our case a checkout process with some user
Information, e.g. addresses etc.).
The first step contains a Login form with two "required" input components
for the credentials and a separate "Login" button and a Panel with two ratio
buttons where the user must decide whether to go on without login
(anonymous) or to register a new user account.
Only the values for the ratio buttons should be triggered by this step with
the "next" button.
The Login itself should be triggered with the additional "login" button
which is not part of the ButtonBar.

As far as I know it's not good to have nested forms. We don't need to have
forms inside our steps actually, since the Wizard itself has a form already.
I've noticed that if the user hits the "next" button, the form validation
for the login form ist triggered as well, but it should not. The form
processing for the login form should actually not part of step, but the
"login container" must be part of the view.

What is the best solution to implement this scenario? I implemented the step
without an additional form component and used an AjaxButton. In
AjaxButton#onSubmit I implemented the authentication stuff.  But further on
I got some problems with updating the current state and how to go on to the
next step.
Also I've noticed, that pressing the "next" button would require some input
for the credentials. So I'm a bit confused now.
I hope, I could express myself clearly.

Could someone give me some hint? Thank you very much.

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html