Hi!

We are investigating ways to automatically log access to data objects in
wicket gui.

Oldschool solutions would be, for example to override/customize
PropertyModel and log target object and method invoked, and possibly result
value, together with necessary information from session (timestamp, user
id, authorization level, etc.).

However, with wicket 8 and java 8 lambda possibilities, I am wondering if
anybody would have some ingenious suggestion how to do this very nicely by
implementing own AuditTrailSerializableFunction or similar?

Might need to wrap the data objects in some sort of proxy but that would be
ok:

   - https://gist.github.com/jhorstmann/de367a42a08d8deb8df9
   -

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13356326/how-can-i-log-every-method-called-in-a-class-automatically-with-log4j
   -

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3291637/alternatives-to-java-lang-reflect-proxy-for-creating-proxies-of-abstract-classes

Any suggestions?

Would be cool if blueprints for this were built into wicket.

Thanks.

**
Martin