Hi,

You can use the failure callback for non-200 responses.
I am not sure whether jQuery calls them for timeouts too.
jQuery 3.3.0+ just added specific callback for timeouts (
http://blog.jquery.com/2018/01/19/jquery-3-3-0-a-fragrant-bouquet-of-deprecations-and-is-that-a-new-feature/,
"Add an ontimeout handler to all requests (#3586
<https://github.com/jquery/jquery/issues/3586>, 262acc6f
<https://github.com/jquery/jquery/commit/262acc6f1e0f71a3a8b786e3c421b2e645799ea0>
)")
You can also use jQuery's global Ajax event handlers.