Hey Everyone,

I'm having some difficulties with *ModalWindow*. I need a way to set the
*HTML Focus* to the *title* of the *ModalWindow* when it pops up, but so far
nothing has worked for me.

1. I have tried adding an *AjaxEventBehavior ("onload")* to my modal window,
but that did not work. Neither did ("onchange") or ("onblur").

2. I have also tried appending javascript to the target when invoking the
ModalWindow's *show() *method:

...but unfortunately *this.getMarkupId()* is referring to the div holding
the wicket component:

...and not the actual Modal Window itself, which is dynamically creating
id's like so:

3. I have also tried using *AjaxRequestTarget.focusComponent()*:

...where *child()* is simply returning the first component in the hierarchy
that is not a *WebMarkupContainer*:

Using the Wicket Ajax Debug window, we can see that my 3rd attempt did
successfully fire some javascript to set focus:

BUT when I use the Internet Explorer developer tools and run
*document.activeElement*, I am returned the entire body of the web page,
meaning there is no focus set.

If anyone can think of a way to set focus on the modal window title, or a
way to hardcode id's for different parts of the modal window, please help me
out. Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html