On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 5:40 PM, tomask79 <tomas.klou...@embedit.cz> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I created a Wicket 6.21 patch with following change:

A diff/patch format is much easier to review and comment on.

> static class ProxyReplacement implements IClusterable {
>         private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>         private final IProxyTargetLocator locator;
>         private final String type;
>
>         public ProxyReplacement(String type, IProxyTargetLocator locator) {
>             this.type = type;
>             this.locator = locator;
>         }
>
>         private Object readResolve() throws ObjectStreamException {
>             Class<?> clazz = WicketObjects.resolveClass(this.type);
>             if (clazz == null) {
>                 try {
>                     clazz = Class.forName(this.type, false,
> WicketObjects.class.getClassLoader());

As I said earlier: I'd prefer to keep the old code with the thread context
CL as a first attempt and fallback to
 ProxyReplacement.class.getClassLoader()) only in case of
ClassNotFoundException.
6.x is used by many apps out there and such change may fix WebLogic but
also may break many more apps on normal web containers.
This new code will break for any application that puts Wicket jars in the
web container shared libs, like $TOMCAT_BASE/lib.

                    System.out.println("Clazz resolved through application
> classloade");
>                 } catch (ClassNotFoundException var4) {
>                     ClassNotFoundException cause = new
> ClassNotFoundException("Could not resolve type [" + this.type + "] with the
> currently configured org.apache.wicket.application.IClassResolver");
>                     throw new WicketRuntimeException(cause);
>                 }
>             }
>
>             return LazyInitProxyFactory.createProxy(clazz, this.locator);
>         }
>     }
>
> a this code solves the problem....when do you plan next 6.30 wicket
> release?
> So you could port this change in there....

I guess it will be released with Wicket 8.0.0 and 7.11.0. Dunno when
exactly this might be