Hi,

I use the FindBugs (SpotBugs) plugin for IntelliJ to scan for vulnerabilities. It's actually not made for security bugs but there is a plugin (FindSecBugs) with a focus on that.

In any case I'd say that it makes sense to use static code analyzers whenever possible.
Most of the found bugs will be Java related anyways.

Regards

Lukas Fülling