We have both, a service layer and a persistence layer (each in it's own maven
module). We use Spring Data Jpa repositories for the persistence layer and
Liquibase for managing DB changes. When testing the Wicket layer I don't want
the complete persistence and service layer to be initialized by Spring (e.g. no
need for persistence context initialization and Liquibase), but would prefer to
work with mocks. Is that enough information for you or what else should I
provide?
Tom