Hi all,

I'm trying to build Wicket 7.15.0 from source using Java 8:

> openjdk version "1.8.0_222"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_222-b10)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

This fails in Wicket Util already with lots of Javadoc-related errors.
I know that the reason this happens is because of enabled linting for
Javadoc in Java 8 by default, but earlier versions of Wicket 7
implemented a workaround. That workaround has been removed without any
further notice on why and what the alternative is:

https://github.com/apache/wicket/commit/ee1b8b37dbe5b34c63a33d65f84b26cbd38080d4
https://github.com/apache/wicket/commit/d7416a325338a7d229c9e25f4d6852f0c83775eb

So, how am I supposed to build Wicket 7 using Java 8 these days?

Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--