We're using a DataGridView and we're happily doing partial updates of existing items for select/deselect and when content changes.

Updating existing items is fine because we can work out the changed Item (Component) and just add it to the AJAX request target.

However, we're wondering if it's possible to do partial updates of newly added items? Currently for that we're adding the whole DataGridView to the AJAX target but it causes a refresh which resets the current scroll position so it's a bit annoying to the user.

The trouble is we add new model items to the underlying collection that the IDataProvider exposes but not sure how we work out which Item is added for that and then how to tell it to update just that item in the UI.