Hi,

You could use
1) IHeaderResponseDecorator to filter out the JavaScriptResourceReference
for 2.x completely - check
https://nightlies.apache.org/wicket/guide/9.x/single.html#_put_javascript_inside_page_body
2) resource replacement (to replace 2.x with 3.x on the fly) - check
http://wicketinaction.com/2012/07/wicket-6-resource-management/

But I'd recommend you to upgrade the component that uses 2.x to 3.x.
If you "unload" 2.x then there is a chance the JS code will not work with
jQuery 3.x.