Hi,

Answers inline.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:43 PM Fr Jeremy Krieg <
fr.jkr...@greekwelfaresa.org.au> wrote:

> 1.       Try and install the OpenSAML library. This is non-trivial
> because a) it doesn’t appear to have been bundled for OSGi and I would need
> to do that manually, and b) it also seems to have a high dependency fanout
> of its own.

May I ask how you are deploying it as an OSGi bundle? In CXF, we have a set
of features for Apache Karaf that handles all of the OSGi requirements for
WSS4J:

https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/e6d432be93022b5b4ac1998a546d0652861fdff3/osgi/karaf/features/src/main/resources/features.xml#L61

So if you are deploying to Karaf, you can just re-use the CXF features.
Note that it uses a ServiceMix bundle for OpenSAML which makes OpenSAML
work in OSGi:

<bundle start-level="25" dependency="true"
>mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.opensaml/${cxf.opensaml.osgi.version}</
bundle>

> 2.       Re-write cxf-rt-ws-security’s manifest to declare the dependency
> on OpenSAML to be optional.

I'm not sure what the ramifications are of making OpenSAML optional for
OSGi in CXF - so I would be pretty wary of doing that.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder