Does no one have ideas about this, or is my question too easy/hard/obvious
to be bothered with, or was my question unclear? I simply want to use
something like #includeTopic (or some equivalent velocity scirpt) with a
portion of a document, associated wiht a heading (a section), instead of a
whole document.

I have been searching all your forums, digging through velocity scripting
examples, reading the API documentation, and it seems that using
DocumentSection should somehow be the answer, but I can't figure out how.
Has this been addressed somewhere that I can't find?