Hi Ricardo,

Yes, 1-3. is correct. One of the features that I am proposing in
JIRA-1079 is the (configurable) fallback authentication using the XWiki
DB.

My library was developed based on code of the ldap authentication
plug-in from XWiki pre-1.0. I have not followed any changes in XWiki's
ldap plug-in since then.

I have added SSL binding to the LDAP Server later and added the code to
the JIRA issue.

The code checked in the JIRA issue is a suggestion for improvement of
XWiki coming out of the community. It is a plug-in and therefore is
fairly independent from the regular XWiki development and build process.
By referencing xwiki.jar (and novell's ldap jar) you should be able to
compile the sources that I provided. I have also added the class files.
You are corret the last bug fixes I checked in in the mentioned
attachment.

If you haven't done before, before you go thorough compiling the
plug-in try out the classes. See if you can handle the configuration.

Regards,

Gunter

>>> Your XEN ICT Team - Ricardo Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04.10.2007 16:38 >>>
Gunter Leeb wrote:
> Hi Sheila and Ricardo
>
> The authentication classes JIRA-1079 can use SSL for the connection
> the LDAP repository. This component has no way to switch XWiki to
use
> SSL.
>
> It would be great if XWiki could be configured to use SSL just for
the
> authentication.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gunter

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for jumping in here!

Please, let me sum up what I am understanding while dealing with ldap
authentication.

   1. XE includes a ldap authentication class (ldap-UNKNOWN.jar) which
      we can not use simultaneously with XWiki DB. If I activate ldap
      authentication (xwiki.authentication.ldap=1), XWiki DB won't be
      asked for the existence of a given user.
   2. With JIRA-1079 classes it is possible to use ldap authentication
      and XWiki DB: if ldap fails to authenticate an user, XWiki will
      check its database before rejecting the login.
   3. JIRA-1079 classes support SSL binding with ldap servers.

 From here, please, *what is the JIRA-1079 class **most updated release

**supporting SSL binding?  *Is it
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/secure/attachment/11160/LDAPAuthenticater.java

date on June 18th, 2007?

Please, what do we need to compile it?

I've gone ahead and updated to 1.2M1. I am not able to bind to our
eDirectory server. I've not used SSL before, so I don't remember how
could I connect to an eDirectory server without confidenciality until
now. But it worked. Please, do you know if this is possible and how?
Thanks.

Sorry if I have not skills enough as to follow the JIRA-1079 issue.
Mainly I don't understand how it relates with the "regular" XWiki
development process. Any help will be welcome!

All the best,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your XEN ICT Team

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und

computer.