Hi!
I am trying to get XWiki running on WAS CE 2.0x.
I have downloaded the latest version of XWiki and imported the war file into
eclipse where I made some needed changes to the code such as removing the
unknown character, somewhere in an xsd file, edited the hibernate.cfg.xml so
that Derby is used and inserted the Derby connector into WEB-INF/lib.
I am pretty sure I have done everything right because this configuration
runs on WASCE 1.1 !!
Have you tried version 1.1 ?

However with version 2.0.0.0 and the new 2.0.0.1 I encouter this same error
which comes up in your scenario:
javax.servlet.ServletException: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3
in 0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3202 in 3: Exception while reading document
XWiki.XWikiPreferences
Wrapped Exception: java.util.HashSet incompatible with java.lang.String

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:535)
(.......)

Have you found any solution to this yet?

Fabian