Looks like there's a bug in your XWiki.Server document.

-Vincent

On Nov 20, 2007, at 8:39 PM, Campbell, Timothy D wrote:

Hello,
For the past week and a half I have encountered the same error when I needed to create a class. (below) I only received this error this year because of my summer research assignment required this feature and it worked. I have tried two different versions of Apache Tomcat, reformatted my computer, used the most recent stable version and the previous version of XWiki. I even installed it on my computer at work and it still does the exact same error. What could the problem be? I followed each step carefully each time and checked the documentation for any help but no success. What could be the problem because this is holding back the progress of my research development?

Thanks for your time,

Tim Campbell

Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page XWiki.Server Wrapped Exception: Invocation of method 'substring' in class java.lang.String threw exception java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1 @ XWiki.Server4,26?

Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page XWiki.Server
Wrapped Exception: Invocation of method 'substring' in class java.lang.String threw exception java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1 @ XWiki.Server4,26? com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing velocity page XWiki.Server Wrapped Exception: Invocation of method 'substring' in class java.lang.String threw exception java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1 @ XWiki.Server4,26? at com .xpn .xwiki .render.XWikiVelocityRenderer.evaluate(XWikiVelocityRenderer.java:148) at com .xpn .xwiki .render.XWikiVelocityRenderer.render(XWikiVelocityRenderer.java:91) at com .xpn .xwiki .render .DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine .renderText(DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.java:222) at com .xpn .xwiki .render .DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine .renderText(DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.java:154) at com .xpn .xwiki .render .DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine .renderText(DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.java:125) at com .xpn .xwiki .render .DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine .renderDocument(DefaultXWikiRenderingEngine.java:117) at com .xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiDocument.getRenderedContent(XWikiDocument.java: 401)
at com.xpn.xwiki.api.Document.getRenderedContent(Document.java:366)
(I cut this short)