Le 11 janv. 08 à 23:42, Paul Libbrecht a écrit :
while editing my class, I felt at least two places where the database type appeared too convoluted to me (and I needed sample code) and where the only thing I'd need is the reference to a document in some space of the same XWiki.
Does this exist ?
Should I file a feature request ?

I did not see an answer to this and only made a bit of progress.
Here's an example that helps to explain where I want to go:

Let me start with an example: we have a space called "Licenses". I want the people that fill the resources to use a pop-up menu to choose among the licenses that are in this space.

So the resources have a property of type database-list which I populate with an HQL that lists all licenses

select doc.name, doc.title
  from com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiDocument as doc
   where doc.web = 'Licenses' and doc.name!='WebHome'

the pop-up menu shows nicely the title of the documents as visible choice and the name's of the documents as value choices.

Now, I would like, in the presentation of our resources, to write the title of the license property with a link to its document.
Unfortunately object.license is a string which is the "visible name".

Where has gone the value ?
Further, I would like to present a localized name, so that the translation of the title and document is used if viewed with a different language.

thanks for hints
I really like the idea of "documents as values", it is very semantic- web-like...

paul