> Re the Latex export, here's the plan: we're currently working on a new
> architectural version of the xwiki rendering mechanism. The new
mechanism
> will be able to use tools like Maven Doxia which already has a Latex
sink,
> this means that we'll get the latex export for free when we've
finished
> that migration.
>
> Of course if the community can help with the new xwiki rendering
mechanism
> that'll speed up things.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

First I've seen of this Doxia project (unless I'm brainfarting), this
looks very exciting.

> On Feb 6, 2008, at 3:49 PM, Jan Kodera wrote:
>
>       What I missed, was the transfer to LaTex. I had to do this
manually.
> But i think it is better to keep the text in wiki syntax. My point is,
you
> can convert it to LaTex when you want. Why make it incompatible to
rest of
> xwiki?

I think what you are talking about is similar to Mediawiki's LaTex
support.  They delimit TeX markup with "<math></math>" tags and it works
quite nicely.  User level documentation can be found at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Displaying_a_formula
I believe most wiki engines that offer LaTeX support use a similar
interface.

>       On Feb 6, 2008 2:54 PM, Tim Chippington Derrick
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>               Sounds like a great project. We are a small (2 person)
company
> working
>               in mathematical optimisation, and we would like to be
able to
> use XWiki
>               for requirements capture, logging issues, developing
> documentation and
>               similar. We often need to include equations and the like
in
> our
>               documents. I love LaTeX, but nobody else I know really
gets
> it, so we
>               end up using (yuk!) MS Word and (ugh!) Sharepoint. Would
love
> to be able
>               to contribute to the project, but at present the
workload is
> about 6+
>               days per week due to overlapping projects... so we have
*no*
> time to
>               spare just now. Maybe later in the year I could help.
>
>               Tim

Sorry to hear that.  I used Sharepoint for one day, and it was the
impetus to make me seek out and setup xwiki for our group.  You do bring
up a good point though.  I'd like to reinforce the fact that there are
those outside of academia who would like to see LaTeX support.  XWiki is
very nice for engineering department wikis, and engineers tend to like
LaTeX.

-Paul D. Grodt