Ricardo,

that's browser dependent... Opera gives you this service (at least searching).
On Macs OmniWeb gives you it if you open the external text window.

For such intensive changes, using XEclipse application (or plugin) really helps. It lacks a goto-line but has a search-and-replace.

I agree, however, that XWiki documentation could allocate a space about the existing solutions for this very common issue. E.g. I know there are such with BBedit on macs and Texmate...

paul