Ricardo Rodriguez wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> When attempting to upload a 10.5MB file attachment to a page in  XE
>> 1.2-milestone-2.5917, user consistently get the error:
>>
>>                 Java Heap Space Out Of Memory Exception !

> Hi,

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/Howtoincreasethemaximumattachmen
tsize

Thanks - I have modified the xwiki preferences (as described) - does XE
need to be restarted for it to take effect?

(I haven't changed mySQL yet) - but will do some more testing first.

>Just curiosity, what kind of file are you uploading? An image? Thanks.

An MS Word document.

The error also happened with a 6.5 MB zip file - so the xwiki limit of
10MB may not be the issue (although documents larger than the alleged
1MB MySQL limit have been successfully uploaded).

I'm going to test again, then look at the MySQL params...

Jim Dowson
CTO, Global Services, (821-76814)
Linx: (617) 598-0505